This week was a tough one.   My familly lost a beautiful soul.... Margery Lou.
She was my aunt, my moms sister, a wonderful wife, mother, daughter, grandmother
great -grandmother, great-aunt,  friend and christian.  She had battled MS for a quite some time
and was in a wheel chair.  I never heard her complain about it either.  It seemed that no
matter what was thrown at her, she took in stride. 
She had a very deep faith in God, and it showed! The MS did not take her life, it was
unexpected pneumonina..... something none of us would of thought would happen.
But she took it with stride, knowing it was her time to go and was at peace with it.
Margery Lou  2 months old

She was an amazing seamstress, could whip out a piece of clothing
without a pattern.   She enjoyed  embroidery, making special little
gifts for new neices and nehphews with that talent.  She also loved
to knit, decrotate her beautiful victorian home, look out at her
garden and LOVED to shop!


My grama with all her girls.  Karen, Grama, Marge  Shari, JoAnn, Diane and Judy


Many of you blog readers and my DS family, know of my cousin Shelly,
who also has DS.  Marge was his mom.   Never in a million years
would I have thought that I would be a mom, just like my aunt Marge,
of a child with DS.  But because of being raised around Shelly, and
seeing how much he was just like all of us, it was ok.  I loved being able
to call, email, or sit down and ask her about when Shellly hit certain
milestones, what he had for therapies, how she handled things.  It was
reassuring to know she was there. 

Margery's senior picture


Now she is gone, and I will miss having her here for all the special
things she did for all of us.  Whether it was sending something special
for Mayson in the mail ( she always called Mayson "her girl")  making
her awesome chocolate cake, or sharing hot tamales while sitting and
chatting in her family room.  I will be forever grateful that she was apart of
my life.  



Marge, may your Garden now be as beautiful as it was here on earth...Rest in peace.



IN THE GARDEN


I come to the garden alone

While the dew is still on the roses

And the voice I hear falling on my ear

The Son of God discloses.



Chorus

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,

And He tells me I am His own;

And the joy we share as we tarry there,

None other has ever known.



He speaks, and the sound of His voice,

Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,

And the melody that He gave to me

Within my heart is ringing.



Chorus



I’d stay in the garden with Him

Though the night around me be falling,

But He bids me go; through the voice of woe

His voice to me is calling.



Chorus

date Saturday, June 04, 2011

4 comments to “She has gone to her Garden...”

  1. Stephanie
    6:00 PM

    oh Amy this post is so beautiful I'm missing your Aunt too. She sounds magnificent. What beautiful words you have written about her. and those lyrics at the end , GOODNESS!

    I'm so sorry for your loss. What a gift you had in Margery Lou.
    Hugs!

  1. Unknown
    2:41 PM

    I love the pictures you have of her. Especially the one with the tea cup and that hat.
    It doesn't really seem real. I keep thinking its not real. Miss her.

  1. Unknown
    2:41 PM

    oops. that wasn't abbie. it's me. tina. Abbie must have been on my computer.

  1. CJ
    10:42 AM

    Thinking of you...