I remember with the older two kids, being anxious, and not being able to sleep the night before the first day of school.   I think I was more excited for them than they were!
With Mayson, its a little different type of anxiety  This year is soooo different from last year.   thing she has the same is her Speech Pathologist ----who we love! 
Everything else is different:

* New homeroom teacher

* Class room located in different wing of the school

* Riding new bus-Reg bus instead of Special needs bus

* Moved up to level 1 from level 2 for pull outs which
   also means new special ed teacher and room.

* New Para - Aide

Now none of this bothered me until about 2 weeks ago.  The more I thought about it the more I worried.   My little girl had no idea what to do on a regular bus, where her new classroom was, who her new teachers were... She was going to be soooo confused!  While the changes were what she needs to be independent, was I setting her up to fail? 

Well today this happened....






The bus went great!  Thanks to the help of her friends Molly and Emily.  They made sure she got on the bus ok and sat with them.  Mayson was beyond excited!

About an hour after school started I got a nice phone call from her teacher saying the morning went great!  She was sitting at her first grade desk working and doing fine! 
Her daily report that comes home everyday was great.  She had a awesome day!!!!

WHAT A RELIEF!!!


So, we will prepare for day two and hope for the best.  I think I really have nothing to be worried about.  That sweet girl always seems to prove me wrong!

Now, if I could just get her to go to sleep at a decent time!!!!


                                  Happy back to school days everyone!!!






date Wednesday, August 21, 2013

0 comments to “First day of school”