Sunday my baby boy turned 16....  seriously, I dont know where the time has gone.  I remember being so excited to be pregnant and my pregnancy went really well!  We had NO idea what we were having as they didn't do routine ultra sounds then.  Towards the end,  I developed a pregnancy rash over my entire body and there was nothing they could do to get rid of it but have the baby, so they knew it was time.  At 39 weeks and 6 days, we reported to the hospital at 6:30 am.  I was already dilated to 4 and 90% effaced so I was already part way there!!  They finally broke my water at 9:00 am at 3:41 pm, Jayden Michael came into this world....  He was a "keeper" according to his proud daddy!  A big one too,  at 8 lbs 9 oz and 21 1/2 inches long.   He had tons of black hair and had dark eyes... just like we had pictured him those many nights we sat and talked about how he would look!   He was perfect!

Growing up , he had a love for lizards, reptiles, Toy story, dinosaurs, wrestling, fishing and hunting.  The kid got his first fishing pole at age 2 and his own bow at 3.  He wrestled in his first tournament at age 4.  I look back at all the pictures at this age and miss him being so small.  I wish they could stay small just a little bit longer.... from his sweet face and smell to his cute little lisp he had.

Now he is 16 and in a few years will be moving on to college!  I remember thinking about things like this when I was younger but now we are really living it.  Just have to keep taking in all the moments and keep treasuring them!


Happy 16th birthday buddy..  I love you!!!

date Monday, July 19, 2010

1 comments to “Sixteen...”

  1. Stephanie
    6:44 AM

    what a cutie! I mean handsome young man!!!

    Where does the time go!!! my Olivia is turning 13 in Sept. My heart hurts!!!